Hello everyone & welcome to my new food blog 🤗. Those of you who followed me over on This Sweet will know I love baking treats for my family & friends and sharing the recipes with you all. Since this blog is no different (yes, only the name has changed) I’ll get on with a fantastic new recipe I came across recently while baking doughnuts for the first time!
Makes 12 (I halved the quantities to make 6)
200g (8 oz) strong white bread flour
1 heaped tsp Caster sugar
Pinch of salt
25g (1 oz) butter
1 tbsp fast action yeast
75ml (5 tbsp) milk
4 tbsp jam
For the coating:
3 tbsp icing sugar
2 tbsp cold water
85g Caster sugar
- In a bowl stir together the flour, sugar and salt then rub in the butter.
- Warm the milk for 30 seconds in the microwave so it is hot to the touch. Add the yeast, beaten egg and warmed milk to the dry ingredients and mix until the dough is soft.
- Put dough out onto a floured worktop and knead for 5 minutes, until the dough is more pliable. Place back in bowl, cover with cling film and leave to rise for an hour.
- Knock back the dough then split into a dozen equal sized balls.
- Flatten each ball until it resembles a disk about 9cm in diameter.
Place 1 tsp of jam in the middle then fold over the edges to seal in the jam. Use a little water to help if necessary. Space them out on a lined baking tray.
- Cover and leave to rise more for half an hour.
- Bake at 180 °c for 10 minutes until the doughnuts are risen and golden. Allow to cool for the same amount of time while sorting the coating out.
- In a dish mix together the icing sugar and water . Dip the doughnuts in this sugary mix first then cover in the Caster sugar. Allow to dry and cool before trying to eat them without salivating or licking your lips 😜.
Hope all my followers old & new enjoy and try out this new recipe post. Please feel free to share on any social media and come join me on there too just click on the links below.